Search found 31 matches

by moon monkey
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:36 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Top end noise
Replies: 13
Views: 446536

Re: Top end noise

Here is a video of the engine running. You can hear that the left hand cylinder (as viewed here) is noiser than the right. Any suggestions? https://www.totalrewind.org/lomax/engine_video.html (note: if sound doesn't play, try a different browser -- chrome seems to not want to play sound! Or download...
by moon monkey
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:22 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Top end noise
Replies: 13
Views: 446536

Re: Top end noise

Thanks for the thoughts, Davidm. I've used a stethoscope and it's definitely louder at the top end. I did wonder about something in the pushrods -- so perhaps cam followers? But then I'd expect it to be louder the lower down the pushrod tube, which it doesn't seem to be. But if it is something in th...
by moon monkey
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Top end noise
Replies: 13
Views: 446536

Top end noise

Hi all, I'd like to take advantage of the massive knowledge here! My engine (1975 2CV6) has started making a "ticking" noise -- louder than the normal noises I'd expect. It seems to be top-end, but isn't just the valves -- I've checked the clearances, and also changed from the 0.25mm I normally use ...
by moon monkey
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:56 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Suspension tie-rod ends
Replies: 7
Views: 13578

Re: Suspension tie-rod ends

I had a reply from Burton -- the measurements are from the centre of the eye.
by moon monkey
Wed May 25, 2022 4:03 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Suspension tie-rod ends
Replies: 7
Views: 13578

Re: Suspension tie-rod ends

You can get 91mm or 130mm length. I just want to confirm that that's the overall length of the part.
by moon monkey
Mon May 23, 2022 1:26 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Suspension tie-rod ends
Replies: 7
Views: 13578

Suspension tie-rod ends

I'm trying to work out whether I have standard or long suspension tie-rod ends fitted to my Lomax. The various suppliers give their lengths, but don't say whether that measurement is overall, or from the centre of the hole. Anyone able to confirm which it is?
by moon monkey
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.
Replies: 58
Views: 251321

Re: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.

Hi Bob, could you clarify when the strengthening webbing was used? In one post you say it was "always" done, in another you refer to "later versions" -- so was there a time that this strengthening started? Thanks.
by moon monkey
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:52 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.
Replies: 58
Views: 251321

Re: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.

There are currently 6 twin-rear-wheel "mock" 223s you can view in the register. https://www.totalrewind.org/lomax Search for "mock" in the "Notes". Here's are some photos showing more details of the rear: https://www.totalrewind.org/lomax/photos/double_rear_223%20b.jpg https://www.totalrewind.org/lo...
by moon monkey
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:06 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: GSA Revcounter and 123 Ignition
Replies: 8
Views: 13956

Re: GSA Revcounter and 123 Ignition

You should have 12V, Ground and Signal (plus the light bulb). Is that what you mean by three connections?
by moon monkey
Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:20 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: GSA Revcounter and 123 Ignition
Replies: 8
Views: 13956

Re: GSA Revcounter and 123 Ignition

I have a tacho on my Lomax which has 123 ignition. It is connected to the coil, so I don't think the ignition technology would make a difference - they both drive the coil the same way.