Search found 83 matches

by Mendip.Wursel
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Are 'A Frames' without brakes legal?
Replies: 8
Views: 15829

Are 'A Frames' without brakes legal?

Dear All Does anybody know if this is legal to tow with an un-braked 'A Frame' as the Government website states "A trailer with a GVW of 750kg or lower, is not required to have brakes, but if brakes are fitted they must be in full working order" Does this mean that if the 'A Frame' itself has brakin...
by Mendip.Wursel
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:53 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Towing dolly
Replies: 10
Views: 23925

Towing dolly

Us in France last year with our 'A Frame' towed Lomax.... nice
20181003_145900 - small.jpg
20181003_145900 - small.jpg (87.91 KiB) Viewed 21505 times
by Mendip.Wursel
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.
Replies: 58
Views: 251480

Re: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.

Just a note in that you say is it "looks like I would have to remove the bodywork to slide the arm off the bearing".... I have removed the whole rear arm assemble under my Lomax without having to cut the bodywork to the side. There was space to just drop it out from below. From memory there was only...
by Mendip.Wursel
Wed May 11, 2016 5:57 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Disc brakes not performing.
Replies: 15
Views: 23397

Re: Disc brakes not performing.

The disc brakes on my Lomax are rubbish when compared to a modern car..... I just assumed this was normal.
To lock my wheel takes a lot of effort.
Thanks
Kevin
by Mendip.Wursel
Wed May 04, 2016 9:56 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Electronic ignition faults
Replies: 12
Views: 23424

Re: Electronic ignition faults

I have not heard of any problems with the DG systems. I have heard of problems with the similar 123 systems on Lomax cars with there more exposed configuration, and water getting into the unit.
by Mendip.Wursel
Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:32 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Alternator Not Charging Question
Replies: 4
Views: 8395

Re: Alternator Not Charging Question

Thanks ..... very useful information
by Mendip.Wursel
Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:09 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Alternator Not Charging Question
Replies: 4
Views: 8395

Alternator Not Charging Question

Hello I have been fiddling about with alternators on my Lomax and accidentally making things spark etc and now nothing seems to be charging. 1 - The ampere seems to suggest there is a small charge going into the battery on start-up but then a fuse blows, and then no charge to battery. Any idea's why...
by Mendip.Wursel
Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:09 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Towing frame
Replies: 20
Views: 51899

Re: Towing frame

Tow Frame.JPG
Tow Frame.JPG (200.25 KiB) Viewed 27525 times
A suggestion, thanks
Kevin
by Mendip.Wursel
Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:01 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Alternators Differences
Replies: 4
Views: 7871

Re: Alternators Differences

Thanks to everyone .... some great advice.
Kevin
by Mendip.Wursel
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:48 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Alternators Differences
Replies: 4
Views: 7871

Alternators Differences

I was thinking of taking a spare alternators when we travel abroad this year, as I take back-ups of just about everything else. I currently have one of the larger Iskra (AAG0702) alternators on the Lomax. If I purchased a smaller 13cm 2CV alternator as a spare would it fit okay (my reasoning ii this...