Search found 20 matches
- Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:58 am
- Forum: MSVA/IVA
- Topic: Car tax rules
- Replies: 1
- Views: 20769
Car tax rules
Hello, everyone. I've been trying to get information from the GOV/DVLA websites on registration and car tax, but it's not easy to find/clarify. I know that for cars registered before 2001, the annual VED is £145 for engine capacities less than 1549cc. If I build a special (a Pembleton SS) based on a...
- Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:34 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11276
Re: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
Thanks, Ken.
Spoke with Rick P today - it'll be on its way to him this weekend for the full treatment.
A.
Spoke with Rick P today - it'll be on its way to him this weekend for the full treatment.
A.
- Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11276
Re: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
Thanks Callum and Ken - I did wonder about the synchro, but wasn't sure what the rings would do - looks like they act as tension springs...... It's the original 1982 gearbox with approximately 55K miles on it. I can easily select gears when static. On the move I have no idea. I checked with Pete Spa...
- Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11276
Re: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
Just to clarify..... The 'ring' was found inside the bottom of the gearbox (stuck to the drain plug) and it has a D cross section (if that helps!).
A.
A.
- Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:15 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11276
Gearbox: Unidentified Ring
Chaps - when I removed the bell-housing for repair a while back, I found the following (broken) item stuck to the magnetic sump plug on the gearbox......
Any idea what function it served and whether or not it requires replacement?
I can still select all the gears.
Thanks.
A.
Any idea what function it served and whether or not it requires replacement?
I can still select all the gears.
Thanks.
A.
- Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:33 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Floor mounted gear change
- Replies: 11
- Views: 17692
Re: Floor mounted gear change
Peter, If you haven't purchased the rose joints as suggested by Geoff yet, I see from the linked site, that the company sell a matched pair, i.e. male and female rose joints that you can screw together, and therefore not need the piece of studding. True this solution won't give you as much adjustme...
- Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:27 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
- Replies: 36
- Views: 66939
Re: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
Hi Armando, am I right in guessing you haven't done much engine work before? ;) Just wondering if the cylinder bores have been grit blasted and if so, who decided to take that step, since the hone would have removed that light patch of rust above the swept surface... Anyhow, after a quick look on Y...
- Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:12 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
- Replies: 36
- Views: 66939
Re: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
Glad to say that the barrels are looking good: DSCF5730_(27May15).JPG IMG-20150527-WA0001_(27May15).jpg DSCF5744_(28May15).JPG The grit-cleaner also took off the pitting/rust observed previously in the bore (just visible in first picture). Ken - I now have in my possession the recommended honing att...
- Sat May 23, 2015 3:23 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
- Replies: 36
- Views: 66939
Re: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
Armando, looks as though that engine didn't receive the correct 'laying up' procedure, since that corrosion on the piston crown will have been caused by water in the combustion chamber. It should have been dried out and had half a cupful of oil poured into the combustion chamber with the pistons at...
- Fri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
- Replies: 36
- Views: 66939
Re: 9:1 upgrade from 8.5:1
Honing is definitely worth a try, ifI can find a tool (Ken - have pm'd you). The o/s barrel was in a similar state, although the piston was worse: DSCF5707_(21May15).JPG But it cleaned up okay: DSCF5716_(21May15).JPG This is one of the inlet valve assemblies, which is different to what is depicted i...