Search found 91 matches

by QFAD
Tue May 10, 2022 10:56 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Found this today
Replies: 1
Views: 5246

Re: Found this today

Hi Steve,

Now that is a real gem of a find!

..... of course I'm not jealous in the slightest... :evil:
by QFAD
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:39 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: lomax body colours
Replies: 25
Views: 53366

Re: lomax body colours

Hi Bob,

Very useful info.

Many thanks,

Steve
by QFAD
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:39 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: 223 rear tyre and pressure
Replies: 2
Views: 4421

Re: 223 rear tyre and pressure

Hi Ron, I run Michelin 135R15 ZX tyres front and back - no clearance issues. I must admit I have just noted what previous 223 owners have listed and compared to std 2CV specs - then 'calculated' suitable pressures... So I run with 23 PSI in the front tyres and 35PSI in the rear single tyre ( I have ...
by QFAD
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:23 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: E10 Fuel
Replies: 1
Views: 4564

Re: E10 Fuel

Hi Guys, Another useful update on E10 fuel which goes into some detail regarding the impact of fuel systems. An article from https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1080976674&__cft__[0]=AZUFphMSAZ9YaFuXRZ6k_1q2jhdHsSbBqFf1FW45A7RNFfkVY24-6yuBmWnXrKSMLFSpTU69P9-qH8UdV80UaWzBMXkgUGwQh3H0TkFPx5kYBwMxa...
by QFAD
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:28 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: LED Bulbs
Replies: 3
Views: 6518

Re: LED Bulbs

Hi Mabels Dad, Yes QFAD is the car pictured on the front of the book. I have owned QFAD for 10 yrs and he has undergone a further series of changes and upgrades. So a bit like Triggers broom only the chassis, GRP and seats are as originally fitted when I bought the car, but both the chassis and GRP ...
by QFAD
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:17 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: LED Bulbs
Replies: 3
Views: 6518

LED Bulbs

Hi Guys, As QFAD runs with std Big Block Moto Guzzi 280w/20 Amp alternator, running two 7" headlamps with conventional H4 bulbs consumes a high proportion of the available output. I appreciate those running with a Citroen engine do not have such issues, but there are quite a few variants of Guzzi en...
by QFAD
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:15 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: E10 Fuel
Replies: 1
Views: 4564

E10 Fuel

Hi guys, There has been a fair amount of chatter regarding the introduction of E10 fuel into the UK. As QFAD has a Guzzi big block fitted fuelling is via Dellorto Carbs - so I contacted Dellorto UK importer Eurocarb and asked them for an update; Their response was; Hi Steve, Dell'Orto rate their car...
by QFAD
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:17 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: 2CV rear hub removal
Replies: 18
Views: 20927

Re: 2CV rear hub removal

:o :shock: :lol:
by QFAD
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:15 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: 2CV rear hub removal
Replies: 18
Views: 20927

Re: 2CV rear hub removal

Hi Tony, Yes they tend to seize solid, but soaking with penetrating fluid for a couple of days worked with mine - admittedly the hex was in good condition, so a flank drive socket freed the cam. Can you file some flats or grip with mole grips in the last resort? I have no knowledge of the ECAS offer...
by QFAD
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:10 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: 2CV rear hub removal
Replies: 18
Views: 20927

Re: 2CV rear hub removal

Hi Tony, I managed to borrow a large 3/4" toque wrench from a local garage - it helped that living in a small village they new me, so happy to lend to me. If you offer a suitable deposit or bring the swinging arm/hub to them to tighten? The torque figure may seem excessive, but the nut clamps the be...