Search found 20 matches
- Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:49 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Seats for a Lomax
- Replies: 4
- Views: 16563
Re: Seats for a Lomax
Mine originally had Fiat 500 seats, the 1970's model not the latest offering. These were super comfortable but really high. I felt that I was sat on the car, not in it. These were replaced with MG Midget seats. Perfect.
- Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:08 am
- Forum: MSVA/IVA
- Topic: Advice needed on possible licencing pitfalls
- Replies: 3
- Views: 24250
Re: Advice needed on possible licencing pitfalls
The colour is correct on the V5C.
I wondered if there would be a problem as it is now registered as a Triumph Gentry TF but last time it was MOTed it was registered as an MG and before that it was a Triumpb Herald.
Tony
I wondered if there would be a problem as it is now registered as a Triumph Gentry TF but last time it was MOTed it was registered as an MG and before that it was a Triumpb Herald.
Tony
- Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:14 pm
- Forum: MSVA/IVA
- Topic: Advice needed on possible licencing pitfalls
- Replies: 3
- Views: 24250
Advice needed on possible licencing pitfalls
I hope this is in tge right place, and that someone with more knowledge than me can advise. I am thinking of buying another kit car. Not another Lomax but a Gentry.But this could equally apply to any kit car. For those unfamiliar with Gentrys, they are are usually aTriumph Herald based car styled li...
- Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:35 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Lomax ride height
- Replies: 33
- Views: 50425
Re: Lomax ride height
Hi Tony'
I've tried to reply to your PM but I think it may have got stuck in my outbox, (either that or you have loads of duplicate emails from me). Please send me your email address by PM and I will try that way.
Regards
Tony
I've tried to reply to your PM but I think it may have got stuck in my outbox, (either that or you have loads of duplicate emails from me). Please send me your email address by PM and I will try that way.
Regards
Tony
- Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:05 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Lomax ride height
- Replies: 33
- Views: 50425
Re: Lomax ride height
If you get sorted with a proper Lomax bonnet and decide to sell the ali bonnet / grille then give me a shout.
Tony
Tony
- Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:32 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Lomax ride height
- Replies: 33
- Views: 50425
Re: Lomax ride height
Hi Tony. Was it not the car that was on eBay recently with the aluminium bonnet an Wolseley grille? I rather liked the look of that front end.
Tony
Tony
- Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: New member introduction
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15577
Re: New member introduction
I have MG Midget seats in my 223. Some of the webbing has disintegrated and originally I had intented to replace it. However, the seats are still incredibly comfortable and this missing webbing means the sitting position is nice and low. When I bought the car it had seats from a 1971 Fiat 500, again...
- Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Alteration of registration details
- Replies: 8
- Views: 14622
Re: Alteration of registration details
If the DVLA really want to check they probably can. My Lomax 223 was originally registered as a 2CV in 1978. I didn't know when it was rebuilt as a 223 so I wrote to DVLA to ask them what information they had on the car. It took a couple of shots because they wanted to know why I wanted to know. Bec...
- Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:45 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Fuel pump problems?
- Replies: 19
- Views: 28769
Re: Fuel pump problems?
Update on the fuel pump. Fitted the new Der Franzose pump to the Lomax this morning. I made a point of not trying to start the car before fitting so it has not been struck up since the New Year, (yes I know, wussy fair weather driver). Anyway, bolted straight on, no problem. Half a dozen pumps of th...
- Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Fuel pump problems?
- Replies: 19
- Views: 28769
Re: Fuel pump problems?
I've been watching this thread with interest as I too have been having starting problems after a few weeks lay off. Last summer I fitted one of the non return bulb pumps which seemed to have very little effect. I would squeeze the bulb several times until I felt resistance but I still ended up turni...