Search found 54 matches
- Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:00 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Drum to Disc Gearbox
- Replies: 6
- Views: 19742
Re: Drum to Disc Gearbox
Hi all, Thanks for the responses I have had a closer look and have come to the conclusion the gearbox will require swapping...could not see any bosses or threaded holes. So what next I need to get the engine running but am off on holiday tomorrow so it will rest in the garage drying off as it was st...
- Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:04 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Drum to Disc Gearbox
- Replies: 6
- Views: 19742
Drum to Disc Gearbox
Hi all,
I know its been covered before but rather than surfing through old posts,
Question...Can the disc bits and bobs be swapped onto a Drum gearbox, don't need the detail just confirmation please. I can cope with the engineering its computers that drive me nuts!!!
Bill
I know its been covered before but rather than surfing through old posts,
Question...Can the disc bits and bobs be swapped onto a Drum gearbox, don't need the detail just confirmation please. I can cope with the engineering its computers that drive me nuts!!!
Bill
- Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:12 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Suspension Mount Bolts
- Replies: 8
- Views: 16589
Re: Suspension Mount Bolts
2HP
Ive just looked at your photos and counted the threads per 10mm, there appears to be 5 or 5.5 which would would equate to a thread pitch around 2mm plus. Do they make 14x2mm?
It could be an imperial size but my tables are in the frozen garage just now.
I think they used a non standard bolt
Bill
Ive just looked at your photos and counted the threads per 10mm, there appears to be 5 or 5.5 which would would equate to a thread pitch around 2mm plus. Do they make 14x2mm?
It could be an imperial size but my tables are in the frozen garage just now.
I think they used a non standard bolt
Bill
- Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:33 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Alternator belt
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4021
Re: Alternator belt
Andy, I recently required a new belt for my Bond Bug and the local car wholesaler was very helpful. I knew the width but the length was the challenge. Use a piece of clothes line(old Type) not the plastic and wrap it around the two pulleys and pull tight, measure the length and ask an agent to enter...
- Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:49 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Separate barrel and Head
- Replies: 8
- Views: 21493
Re: Separate barrel and Head
Hi,
Not too sure about Caustic Soda ...does that not attack the alloy of the head
The motorcycle plot worked on cast heads and Barrels
Bill
Not too sure about Caustic Soda ...does that not attack the alloy of the head
The motorcycle plot worked on cast heads and Barrels
Bill
- Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:44 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Light weight Caravan?
- Replies: 19
- Views: 25677
Re: Light weight Caravan?
Hi, The weight of the trailer is only one aspect...of course the specials will tow the trailer/camper but the real concern is stopping. I recovered a friend on the islands using a drawbar and was nearly pushed off the road by the weight pushing from behind as we slowed down. With the loading on the ...
- Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:37 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Lomax retrofit manifold,
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10176
Re: Lomax retrofit manifold,
Lomax76, On my first trike I had icing problems on the New Year Run, Standard 2CV carb, always very cold and frosty with ice and snow on the corners. Very hard to identify as by the time I got out of the car and opened the cover the ice had melted!!! after a couple of stops we went for coffee and ca...
- Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Electric fuel pump
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6862
Re: Electric fuel pump
Joe, You don't say which engine or which pump. When I switched to Moto Guzzi I had flooding problems as the regulator was not up to the job and the pump was a displacement type that keeps shoving fuel forward despite the regulator not requesting it. Resolved the flow problem by introducing a tee bac...
- Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:12 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Knife edge removal problem
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6497
Re: Knife edge removal problem
Rocketman,
I would replace the zip-tie with a jubilee clip, as the zip tie can pull through with potentially disastrous results.
Don't use cheep jubilee clips as they are not of good manufacturing quality.
regards Bill
I would replace the zip-tie with a jubilee clip, as the zip tie can pull through with potentially disastrous results.
Don't use cheep jubilee clips as they are not of good manufacturing quality.
regards Bill
- Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:44 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Baffling engine problem
- Replies: 16
- Views: 22112
Re: Baffling engine problem
viv, I'd revisit the carb re icing. In the past I had a similar problem in the winter, solved by wrapping the carb with a cardboard shroud. I was stuck in Safeways carpark and it was readily available in the skip. If the carb is icing when running, the engine stops and by the time you get out mutter...