Search found 112 matches
- Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:45 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Oil Temp. Gauge
- Replies: 23
- Views: 100975
Re: Oil Temp. Gauge
The sump plug solution would only work if you are using a 2cv chassis, as the scrape marks on the plug on my Pembleton testify!
- Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:51 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Oil Temp. Gauge
- Replies: 23
- Views: 100975
Re: Oil Temp. Gauge
Howard,
The extra senders tuck away neatly on my car, using a standard adaptor flange.
The three senders are oil pressure, supplementary 30psi oil pressure warning light (to warn you before it is too late!) and temp sender.
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport 602c
The extra senders tuck away neatly on my car, using a standard adaptor flange.
The three senders are oil pressure, supplementary 30psi oil pressure warning light (to warn you before it is too late!) and temp sender.
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport 602c
- Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:14 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Oil Temp. Gauge
- Replies: 23
- Views: 100975
Re: Oil Temp. Gauge
I also have the latest Burton finned rocker boxes, these lowered oil temp by 10 degree C in any given conditions, I think I now have enough headway for a 650cc kit.
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport 602cc
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport 602cc
- Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:31 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Oil Temp. Gauge
- Replies: 23
- Views: 100975
Re: Oil Temp. Gauge
Yes, you have to watch for over cooling, hence the smaller filter in winter, I also cover the oil cooler with tank/duct tape in the winter and only remove once longer summer trips arrive, this year tape I took tape off in June!
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport
- Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:14 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Oil Temp. Gauge
- Replies: 23
- Views: 100975
Re: Oil Temp. Gauge
Dave, I have both the larger oil filter & a oil temperature gauge. I drilled & tapped the 2cv oil filter housing out to 3/4" unf & hade a stub by drilling a length of 3/4" unf threaded rod. Then you can use a readily available (inexpensive) oil filter sandwich gauge adaptor for this thread and have ...
- Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:58 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: 223 tonneau
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4900
Re: 223 tonneau
I have no such problem with the tonneau on my Pembleton as the rear edge is secured with shock cord over buttons.
However the cover for our 40 year old Morgan had shrunken, so I made up the clip on extension piece in the photo below.
Hope this helps.
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport
However the cover for our 40 year old Morgan had shrunken, so I made up the clip on extension piece in the photo below.
Hope this helps.
Jack
Pembleton SuperSport
- Sun May 29, 2022 8:56 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Cylinder oil feed pipes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8253
Re: Cylinder oil feed pipes
Peter,
I bought the flexible oil pipes for my Pembleton from Der Franzose.
They still supply to the UK post Brexit, but with a £15 delivery charge.
I bought the flexible oil pipes for my Pembleton from Der Franzose.
They still supply to the UK post Brexit, but with a £15 delivery charge.
- Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:26 am
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.
- Replies: 58
- Views: 251240
Re: Lomax 223 rear wheel problems.
On Pembleton Super Sports the Citroen rear crossmember was shortened, rather than the arm extended.
I have not heard of any arm failures on Pembletons.
I have not heard of any arm failures on Pembletons.
- Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:17 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Fuel !!! E10 / E5
- Replies: 6
- Views: 18037
Re: Fuel !!! E10 / E5
Dave, My 602cc Pembleton runs well on E5 (with larger than standard jets). When I have run low & only been able to get E10 performance is down & car is noticeably noisier. The new, correctly marked, flexible fuel pipes fitted for the MSVA rotted on E5 and had to be replaced with Ethanol proof hoses....
- Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:48 pm
- Forum: Tech Talk
- Topic: Fuel Tank:
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10774
Re: Fuel Tank:
How about cutting a hole in top of tank and fitting a screw fitting from inside the tank using gauge sender hole for access?