Search found 93 matches

by Vyv Cox
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:31 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Pushrod tube expansion
Replies: 3
Views: 7254

Re: Pushrod tube expansion

I will post the information I have for reference. In UK the expansion tool is made by Graham Seed of 2cvtools.com, tool number cit2cv070

In Belgium, Filip at filipvg@vgs2cv.be

In The Netherlands, Le Patron Ophemert. https://lepatron.nl/
by Vyv Cox
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:49 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Pushrod tube expansion
Replies: 3
Views: 7254

Re: Pushrod tube expansion

Thanks yes, I have now done it successfully using a Rawlbolt. The tubes were already in situ, fitted professionally - leaked. I paid another professional to replace them as I could see some damage - leaked. It took me an hour with a €10 tool to achieve success. Not sure about Loctite, it is not high...
by Vyv Cox
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:59 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Pushrod tube expansion
Replies: 3
Views: 7254

Pushrod tube expansion

I paid someone to replace the pushrod tubes in one of my 602 heads. I now find, the hard way, that they leak oil due to not having been expanded. There no current tools to do this and if they were they are pricey. In an internet search I came across a mention of a Pembleton forum suggestion of using...
by Vyv Cox
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:32 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Exhaust silencers
Replies: 4
Views: 5458

Re: Exhaust silencers

Thanks. I have now bought a silencer from Feked, it comes with an adaptor for 38 and 42 mm pipe, so hopefully is now all sorted.
by Vyv Cox
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:15 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Exhaust silencers
Replies: 4
Views: 5458

Re: Exhaust silencers

Thanks. That looks like a useful resource and they will despatch to France (where I am)
by Vyv Cox
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:47 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Exhaust silencers
Replies: 4
Views: 5458

Exhaust silencers

What sources for silencers are people using? I see the ones from Le Patron are extremely expensive, more than I want to pay. Are any others available?
by Vyv Cox
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:03 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Will 650 visa barrels fit 602 bottom end
Replies: 6
Views: 11970

Re: Will 650 visa barrels fit 602 bottom end

Howard did the machining for me, the engine is now assembled and looks good, not yet installed.
by Vyv Cox
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:53 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Oil Temp. Gauge
Replies: 23
Views: 101000

Re: Oil Temp. Gauge

I have the adapter plate on the oil filter mounting. On a standard 2CV chassis I cannot fit the larger filter, there is no space for it. I fitted new engine mounts but still the filter fouls the chassis. My oil temperature in SW France at ambient temperatures to almost 40C touches 125C at times with...
by Vyv Cox
Sun May 22, 2022 4:26 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Vacuum valve source?
Replies: 4
Views: 6456

Re: Vacuum valve source?

I ordered the first item on Bill's post, the 8mm valve, from eBay UK. Surprisingly it is coming from Germany, so no duty to pay. Not the cheapest delivery but we are becoming used to that, delivery can be costly compared with UK.
by Vyv Cox
Wed May 18, 2022 7:46 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Vacuum valve source?
Replies: 4
Views: 6456

Re: Vacuum valve source?

Hi Bill,. Thanks very much for posting this. I will follow it up. For info to any other EU members, today I received an order from Car Builder Solutions, who as far as I know do not do this valve, in just a few days. Delivered by DPD, the costs here were very reasonable, VAT free in UK, so paid here...