Cant help myself
Moderator: moderator
-
CSC1540
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1540
- Country: UK
- Region: NORTH WEST
Re: Cant help myself
Thanks jack76 &Lomax76
That was an interesting excise , I had two spare idle jets . The one with the China carb didn't have a number but was very tiny, one spare a 38 was much larger, the car didn't like it at all it felt to rich. My other spare was a 37 which made quite a difference and was almost back to normal .
ECAS recommend a 41 which I assume is larger still ? I have ordered one just to check, but it isn't being posted until Friday .
Regards Ray
That was an interesting excise , I had two spare idle jets . The one with the China carb didn't have a number but was very tiny, one spare a 38 was much larger, the car didn't like it at all it felt to rich. My other spare was a 37 which made quite a difference and was almost back to normal .
ECAS recommend a 41 which I assume is larger still ? I have ordered one just to check, but it isn't being posted until Friday .
Regards Ray
-
CSC1540
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1540
- Country: UK
- Region: NORTH WEST
Re: Cant help myself
Hi all
Still trying to sort this out but I keep running out of weather. I have fitted the 41 idle jet and now the tickover screw is screwed all the way in with no more adjustment , so I am considering going back to the 37 Primary .Jack 602 recommends Primary 115 + Secondary 95 which is where I am going to go next, does anyone have another idea ?
Regards Ray
Still trying to sort this out but I keep running out of weather. I have fitted the 41 idle jet and now the tickover screw is screwed all the way in with no more adjustment , so I am considering going back to the 37 Primary .Jack 602 recommends Primary 115 + Secondary 95 which is where I am going to go next, does anyone have another idea ?
Regards Ray
-
Jack602
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2130
- Country: UK
- Region: Yorkshire
Re: Cant help myself
Ray,
My jetting is with twin 1 1/2" exhaust pipes with megaphone silencers and a pancake air filter, if you are using Citroen parts you will need smaller jets.
Jack
Pembleton Super Sport
My jetting is with twin 1 1/2" exhaust pipes with megaphone silencers and a pancake air filter, if you are using Citroen parts you will need smaller jets.
Jack
Pembleton Super Sport
-
CSC1540
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1540
- Country: UK
- Region: NORTH WEST
Re: Cant help myself
Thanks Jack 602
I have a 2 into1 exhaust and also a pancake air filter I fill the air filter with pan scrub which has worked for years . Do you have a good guess on what size jets ?
Ray I currently have 110 Primary and a 41 tick over . Don't know the secondary ( or even where it is ) .
Ray
I have a 2 into1 exhaust and also a pancake air filter I fill the air filter with pan scrub which has worked for years . Do you have a good guess on what size jets ?
Ray I currently have 110 Primary and a 41 tick over . Don't know the secondary ( or even where it is ) .
Ray
Re: Cant help myself
Hello
Ray
By reading you I came to the conclusion that you might be mistaken, Actually the jet hidden is the primary then you need to review your setting. Picture from Ken Hanna
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30132857@N06/5589792166/
Ray
By reading you I came to the conclusion that you might be mistaken, Actually the jet hidden is the primary then you need to review your setting. Picture from Ken Hanna
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30132857@N06/5589792166/
-
CSC1540
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1540
- Country: UK
- Region: NORTH WEST
Re: Cant help myself
Hi Lomax 76. Thanks for the response
My Primary is 110 and my idle is 41 I said " tick over" which was confusing its the tick over adjustment screw that is screwed all the way in .
I found the primary jet but am unsure where the secondary is .
Ray
My Primary is 110 and my idle is 41 I said " tick over" which was confusing its the tick over adjustment screw that is screwed all the way in .
I found the primary jet but am unsure where the secondary is .
Ray
Re: Cant help myself
Hi Ray
I am not too sure what is the jetting you'r missing attached a picture for the second jetting, follows the red line....
But I think prior to start with this or this you should do some reading to better understand how it works try to see what has been writen by Ken Hanna on the Subject. . Carby's are very sensible part of the car.. worth spending some time on it..
Cheersy
I am not too sure what is the jetting you'r missing attached a picture for the second jetting, follows the red line....
But I think prior to start with this or this you should do some reading to better understand how it works try to see what has been writen by Ken Hanna on the Subject. . Carby's are very sensible part of the car.. worth spending some time on it..
Cheersy