indicator warning light
Moderator: moderator
indicator warning light
Hi Can anyone help me create a simple dashboard indicator warning light? Preferably one light. Keep on forgetting to turn it off. Got some mild abuse the other day so I've got to sort it. Also does anybody know a nifty way to change the colour of a dashboard light without having to buy the unit? Oh by the way my set up doesn't have relays.
Thanks for looking
Michael
Thanks for looking
Michael
Re: indicator warning light
I'd be tempted by a buzzer behind the dash as fitted to motorcycles. You can get some that are built into an indicator relay.
Lights are easy to miss if you're concentrating on the road, rather than the dashboard!
Lights are easy to miss if you're concentrating on the road, rather than the dashboard!
Re: indicator warning light
Kind of like a light, but thanks
M
M
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: indicator warning light
If it’s a round flasher unit off a 2cv take a wire from the spare terminal (central terminal) up to a warning light then a wire from the warning light to an earth ..
Re: indicator warning light
where is the central terminal?
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: indicator warning light
Have you found the flasher unit. Is it round. Does it have three lugs on it is there three wires or two on it. If three one of them is off to a warning light usually the more central one.
Re: indicator warning light
OMG!!!!! I am totally amazed. Why, why, why didn't they fit this as standard. Frankly I can't believe it. I've had my 2CV for 25 years without an indicator warning light. I must have annoyed a couple of hundred(+) drivers. I am one of the 2CV drivers that give 2CV's a bad name. Thankyou so much for this simple trick. This has made my week, no wait, my year. Fantastic.
with thanks
Michael
with thanks
Michael
-
neil curson
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1331j
- Country: UK
- Region: north west
Re: indicator warning light
I to have driven miles with indicators flashing, now have a very loud buzzer fitted, in parallel with the light if fitted.
Re: indicator warning light
I'm finding the light good. Although at night I am also flashing yellow. So double bubble
M
M
-
CSC1540
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1540
- Country: UK
- Region: NORTH WEST
Re: indicator warning light
I have a buzzer and also an indicator light , I just bought a buzzer. One earth connection and one connection to the indicator light .
Ray
Ray