new petrol tank

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

Post Reply
Joe
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 10:02 pm
Country: UK
Region: Hertfordshire
Location: Stevenage

new petrol tank

Post by Joe » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Hi

My Lomax has a lot of rust in the tank and a pin prick hole, I would like to replace the tank, any advice would be most welcome.

Joe

AlanM
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:54 am
Country: UK
Region: Peterborough

Re: new petrol tank

Post by AlanM » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:34 pm

Hello Joe

I have an original Lomax steel fuel tank that goes in front of the rear axle. It is from a 1990 kit I purchased recently and has not been used. I want £75 for it and collect from Peterborough PE4 6DE

Alan

Rob Bryant
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:03 pm
CSC Membership Number: 216
Country: UK
Region: Midlands

Re: new petrol tank

Post by Rob Bryant » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:47 am

Hello Joe.

Jay Wolfe in Northhampton fabricated a new stainless tank for my Lomax, they used the old one as a pattern.
A while ago now, but it was a reasonable price for the job, and well made.
http://www.jaywolfe.co.uk

Rob Bryant

Joe
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 10:02 pm
Country: UK
Region: Hertfordshire
Location: Stevenage

Re: new petrol tank

Post by Joe » Sat May 14, 2022 11:05 pm

How difficult is it to remove the old tank?

Joe

AlanM
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:54 am
Country: UK
Region: Peterborough

Re: new petrol tank

Post by AlanM » Sun May 15, 2022 8:08 am

I removed my tank after I had take the NOS body off (the body was just sitting on the chassis) then it was just a matter of unbolting the tank from the chassis and sliding it to the left. If the body is fitted I suspect that you will have to remove the rear axle.

Mind you I’m not exactly sure, it may end up being a body off job.

Alan

Post Reply