smart car wheels
Moderator: moderator
-
motomallett
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2031j
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
smart car wheels
Hi Guys can you tell me if the smart car wheels can be bolted straight on or do they need spacers. If they go straight on can the same wheel nuts be used safely. regards Roger
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: smart car wheels
Hi 2CV wheels have a 160mm PCD and Smart car 3 stud wheels are 112 PCD so an adaptor would be needed.
Also Smart wheels are 4.5J at the front and 5J rear, I can't remember the offsets, but have them somewhere.
Here is a drawing of an adaptor, not made yet so... no guarantee of accuracy...
The rear is easy as the drum is flat but the front would need a concave dish to accommodate the 2CV hub profile.
If you, or anyone would like some "cheap" Smart wheels, I have a selection. Just let me know...
Hope this helps
Howard
Also Smart wheels are 4.5J at the front and 5J rear, I can't remember the offsets, but have them somewhere.
Here is a drawing of an adaptor, not made yet so... no guarantee of accuracy...
The rear is easy as the drum is flat but the front would need a concave dish to accommodate the 2CV hub profile.
If you, or anyone would like some "cheap" Smart wheels, I have a selection. Just let me know...
Hope this helps
Howard
-
motomallett
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2031j
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: smart car wheels
Thanks for the info Howard much appreciated. regards Roger
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: smart car wheels
I bought my set from a rally in France worked fine in fact I went on and put some on my avion
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: smart car wheels
And the avion