Exhaust silencers
Moderator: moderator
-
Vyv Cox
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2137
- Country: France
- Region: Deux Sevres, SW
- Contact:
Exhaust silencers
What sources for silencers are people using? I see the ones from Le Patron are extremely expensive, more than I want to pay. Are any others available?
-
Peter Brooks
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:31 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1898
- Country: UK
- Region: East Midlands
- Location: Southam Warwickshire
Re: Exhaust silencers
If it is any help I measured the outside diameter of the exhaust pipe on my 223 and then went trolling through motorcycle silencers until I found one that met my needs.
The end result was a sidewinder silencer from Feked.com. I have to say that it is a tad loud, but overly so.
There are plenty of after sales motorcycle silencers on the market so you should be able to find one to meet your needs at the right price
The end result was a sidewinder silencer from Feked.com. I have to say that it is a tad loud, but overly so.
There are plenty of after sales motorcycle silencers on the market so you should be able to find one to meet your needs at the right price
-
Vyv Cox
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2137
- Country: France
- Region: Deux Sevres, SW
- Contact:
Re: Exhaust silencers
Thanks. That looks like a useful resource and they will despatch to France (where I am)
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: Exhaust silencers
I use a firm called EVERY EXHAUST PART on ebay so if I have a mis match diameter between silencer and pipe they can make up a short adapter in stainless to go between the two.
-
Vyv Cox
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2137
- Country: France
- Region: Deux Sevres, SW
- Contact:
Re: Exhaust silencers
Thanks. I have now bought a silencer from Feked, it comes with an adaptor for 38 and 42 mm pipe, so hopefully is now all sorted.