I think it may be possible to fit a larger than standard oil filter to my 602cc engined Lomax.
Has any one done this and what oil filter can be made to fit?
Thanks, Nick
Fitting a larger Oil filter
Moderator: moderator
-
Davidm
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:10 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2205
- Country: United Kingdom
- Region: Cumbria
Re: Fitting a larger Oil filter
Nick
I see that Der Franzose offer a larger oil filter - they say for summer.
My experience with my 602cc Pembleton, standard oil cooler and standard filter is that the oil tends to be cooler than I would choose.
I suspect that a larger oil filter needing a bit more oil will take a little longer to warm up (and cool) but the increased surface area provided is small compared to fin areas etc. so steady temperatures hardly affected. Surely it is better to warm the engine oil quickly especially in winter.
David
I see that Der Franzose offer a larger oil filter - they say for summer.
My experience with my 602cc Pembleton, standard oil cooler and standard filter is that the oil tends to be cooler than I would choose.
I suspect that a larger oil filter needing a bit more oil will take a little longer to warm up (and cool) but the increased surface area provided is small compared to fin areas etc. so steady temperatures hardly affected. Surely it is better to warm the engine oil quickly especially in winter.
David