Lomax ride height

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

cmwbob
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1589J
Country: UK
Region: SouthEast

Re: Lomax ride height

Post by cmwbob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Hi Tony (Tamos),

I have a few old seconds bonnets etc kicking about taking up space. Need quite a bit of filling sanding etc to make usable but you are more than welcome to collect and have a play

Bob

Tamos
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:46 pm
Country: UK
Region: Kent

Re: Lomax ride height

Post by Tamos » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm

Bob,
Many thanks, have sent you a PM (hopefully!).
Regards, Tony

tony-morony
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 5:33 pm
CSC Membership Number: 2119
Country: UK
Region: Lincolnshire

Re: Lomax ride height

Post by tony-morony » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:35 am

Hi Tony'
I've tried to reply to your PM but I think it may have got stuck in my outbox, (either that or you have loads of duplicate emails from me). Please send me your email address by PM and I will try that way.
Regards
Tony

Tamos
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:46 pm
Country: UK
Region: Kent

Re: Lomax ride height

Post by Tamos » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:52 am

To compensate for the rear tie rods having been shortened by a previous owner, I have just made some extra long eyes. They are 40mm longer than extra long eyes from ECAS and I can now get the rear of the car as low as I want. I have initially set it to give a ride height of 150mm to underside of chassis at the front and 170mm at the rear, and would like to go a bit lower but am concerned re front wheels “flopping over” (they only “flop” a little bit at the moment). I don’t want to cut the suspension arms so would appreciate your views on minimum ride height that still allows good steering/handling characteristics without major surgery.
Tony

Post Reply