Page 1 of 1

handbrake adjuster

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:44 pm
by Venture
hi has any one got a spanner or a tool to adjust handbrake i tried different spanners and sockets but there not enough room to get one on its a 602 cc 2cv 1978 year

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:56 pm
by Geoff Ryall-Harvey
I've got a special tool for that. I live in Chester and have offices in Wrexham and Bangor.

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:47 pm
by Venture
Hi Geoff is it possible to post it I will cover your cost and I will return it asap. If this is possible my address is Dave grove c/o venture caravans green Ind est the roe st Asaph Denbighshire ll22 8ub cheers

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:26 pm
by notsmartcar
Ecas sell them of course

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:28 pm
by Geoff Ryall-Harvey
Going past there tomorrow. Will pop it in.

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:10 pm
by Venture
Thanks to all who replied some kind person has loan me one,so it's out to the garage and get things done.Once again many thanks Dave

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:41 pm
by Duncan Grimmond
For the future I'd suggest you get a box spanner and cut it down and adding a slot so that you can use a screwdriver it to hold the eccentric still get a socket onto the lock screw.

Re: handbrake adjuster

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:27 am
by Geoff Ryall-Harvey
He's going to send me a socket and I will cut it down and weld a bar to it.