Vacuum valve source?

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

Post Reply
Vyv Cox
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
CSC Membership Number: 2137
Country: France
Region: Deux Sevres, SW
Contact:

Vacuum valve source?

Post by Vyv Cox » Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 pm

I have previously bought vacuum (Foo foo) valves direct from Steve Parrish, not sure if he still does them. Can anyone advise a supplier, preferably in EU as I now live in France?

Thanks

User avatar
billp
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:45 pm
CSC Membership Number: 2138
Country: UK
Region: South Wales
Location: Cardiff

Re: Vacuum valve source?

Post by billp » Mon May 16, 2022 10:06 am

Hello Vyv, They're available on UK Ebay for 8mm and 6mm pipe - see item 232503626327 for 8mm(5/16) and item 232532900804 for 6mm(1/4) . I assume you need one to help/replace the Citroen crankcase breather, I used one in the fuel tank breather pipe to stop fuel surge when filling up. Not sure of availability in France, but I'd suspect that the sellers would send one.

Cheers
Bill

Vyv Cox
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
CSC Membership Number: 2137
Country: France
Region: Deux Sevres, SW
Contact:

Re: Vacuum valve source?

Post by Vyv Cox » Wed May 18, 2022 7:46 pm

Hi Bill,. Thanks very much for posting this. I will follow it up.

For info to any other EU members, today I received an order from Car Builder Solutions, who as far as I know do not do this valve, in just a few days. Delivered by DPD, the costs here were very reasonable, VAT free in UK, so paid here plus only €17 duty on €200.

Lomax76
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 8:24 pm
Country: France
Region: Normandy

Re: Vacuum valve source?

Post by Lomax76 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:02 pm


Vyv Cox
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
CSC Membership Number: 2137
Country: France
Region: Deux Sevres, SW
Contact:

Re: Vacuum valve source?

Post by Vyv Cox » Sun May 22, 2022 4:26 pm

I ordered the first item on Bill's post, the 8mm valve, from eBay UK. Surprisingly it is coming from Germany, so no duty to pay. Not the cheapest delivery but we are becoming used to that, delivery can be costly compared with UK.

Post Reply