Sports exhaust

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

Post Reply
neil curson
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1331j
Country: UK
Region: north west

Sports exhaust

Post by neil curson » Sat Jul 12, 2025 2:36 pm

I have recently fitted a sports exhaust to my 2cv Citrike. I purchased it from 2cv Shop, I think it is manufactured by Mehari Club Cassis. I had problems trying to get it to fit, it sat at an angle and in no way was it a simple drop in replacement. After a few hours trying to align with the hand break assembly, gear box mount, swan neck and heat exchanger pipes I gave up until the next day. After checking the cross box I noticed that the right hand (from the front of the car) heat exchanger connection pipe was 25 mm shorter than the left hand one, I assume this is caused by the staggered cylinder layout. I didn't want to spoil the new exhaust by cutting out 25mm and I don't have a TIG welder only MIG. So I shortened the heat exchanger pipe (I don't have exchanger boxes) and welded it back together. Everything lined up perfectly on re-assembly After a test run it was not too noisy and there must be less back pressure. 2cv Shop have been advised.

Post Reply