which test
Moderator: moderator
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
which test
If I put a lomax body on a 2cv chassis (4 wheel) with its V5 what inspection will that come under 
Re: which test
You'll need to get the V5 changed to reflect the new body style, and it will be subject to a police inspection (cut&Shut prevention etc), but that will be all.
As long as you retain the original unmolested chassis and most of the running gear (which isn't numbered), It falls under the category of the DVLA 'Radically Altered Vehicle' and will not require a MSVA/IVA.
There are a number of people who have successfully done this, including myself.
Rgrds
Callum
As long as you retain the original unmolested chassis and most of the running gear (which isn't numbered), It falls under the category of the DVLA 'Radically Altered Vehicle' and will not require a MSVA/IVA.
There are a number of people who have successfully done this, including myself.
Rgrds
Callum

Re: which test
A question for all members, has a Falcon LX3 ever been submitted or passed the MSVA/IVA test? If so I would be very interested in the modifications that had to be made to the original design.
-
Boggy
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm
- Country: France
- Region: Deux sevres
- Location: Deux Sevres France
Re: which test
Hi Erum
I asked this same question in July, but no confirmation that one had passed. I think the main problem as stated in other thread will be seatbelt mountings
Cheers
Boggy
I asked this same question in July, but no confirmation that one had passed. I think the main problem as stated in other thread will be seatbelt mountings
Cheers
Boggy
-
hutchii
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1865
- Country: UK
- Region: SE
Re: which test
Has anybody out there gone through the Radically Altered Vehicle approval route since the demise of the Local DVLA office?
My understanding is that, when they (DVLA local office) existed, they would send someone to inspect the finished and MOT'd. vehicle and subject to their approval, and all the necessary "V" documents being OK, a Vehicle Inspection Certificate would be issued.
Now that all DVLA Local offices have closed, what's taken their place in the approval proceedure?
My understanding is that, when they (DVLA local office) existed, they would send someone to inspect the finished and MOT'd. vehicle and subject to their approval, and all the necessary "V" documents being OK, a Vehicle Inspection Certificate would be issued.
Now that all DVLA Local offices have closed, what's taken their place in the approval proceedure?
Re: which test
Just giving a bump to this thread, since I'd like to know also!
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: which test
Yes I also would like to hear from anyone who has had a "body swop" tested, where and how.
Either we are all sleeping on the sofa and given up, or those who have have found a loophole and are keeping schtum...

Either we are all sleeping on the sofa and given up, or those who have have found a loophole and are keeping schtum...
Re: which test
I did a Mehari a couple of years ago. I had photographs of the rolling chassis and the finished car and sent them with the appropriate DVLA form, V55 I think, insurance certificate and MOT. The V5 came back a few days later with just the requested change of colour and my heart sank. Then six weeks later the correct V5 came back and henceforth the vehicle is officially a Citroen Mehari.
If you look at the link which refers to proposed changes to MOT you will see very clearly stated the points system. Even three-wheelers should qualify. In theory.
Chris
If you look at the link which refers to proposed changes to MOT you will see very clearly stated the points system. Even three-wheelers should qualify. In theory.
Chris
-
kgnoble
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:56 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2079J
- Country: UK
- Region: Surrey
- Contact:
Re: which test
Just to add to this thread and keep it current....
Has anyone recently managed to register a Burton? I have been monitoring this while going through the build and as far as I can see, the Radicalll Altered option is the most likely one - BUT - it now requires a Basic IVA. Looking through the manual there seem to be a few areas where the design might not match the requirements of the test. One area I researched was the need for head restraints, another is whether a detachable steering wheel is permitted.
Where I get most hung up is in the internal cabin, ie protuberances and distances from solid areas; likewise, does the Burton supplied, but wrong way round, seat belt design, qualify?
It would be helpful to know if anyone has recently ie post August 2016 ish managed to get through the BIVA, or should I be thinking about registration in Holland and then personally importing.
Anyone?
Best wishes for the new year
Keith
Has anyone recently managed to register a Burton? I have been monitoring this while going through the build and as far as I can see, the Radicalll Altered option is the most likely one - BUT - it now requires a Basic IVA. Looking through the manual there seem to be a few areas where the design might not match the requirements of the test. One area I researched was the need for head restraints, another is whether a detachable steering wheel is permitted.
Where I get most hung up is in the internal cabin, ie protuberances and distances from solid areas; likewise, does the Burton supplied, but wrong way round, seat belt design, qualify?
It would be helpful to know if anyone has recently ie post August 2016 ish managed to get through the BIVA, or should I be thinking about registration in Holland and then personally importing.
Anyone?
Best wishes for the new year
Keith
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: which test
This is very confusing, the IVA test manual clearly states in bold characters that the IVA test basic or normal can only be applied to cars or light vans less the 10 years old.
As most 2CV kits are built on cars older that 10 years then we seem to be back to the points system...??
I think it needs to have someone put their head into the dragons jaw...
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... scheme.pdf
As most 2CV kits are built on cars older that 10 years then we seem to be back to the points system...??
I think it needs to have someone put their head into the dragons jaw...
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... scheme.pdf