Electronic ignition
Moderator: moderator
-
Colin
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:23 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1112
- Country: UK
- Region: North Wales
Electronic ignition
My Lumenation system has failed after 18 years. Does the 123 system offer a better solution with its software controlled advance?
Re: Electronic ignition
Hi,
FYI
123/2CV
The 123ignition 2CV for Citroën 2CV4, 2CV6, DYANE, AMI, Mehari is designed for all 2CV's (and derivatives) with a A79/1, M28 or M28/1 engine. It is a microprocessor controlled device, that replaces all the mechanical parts of the conventional system, like points, cam, and centrifugal weights.
123/EVO
The '123/EVO' replaces the former 123/BLUE and is a further development (123/EVOLUTIF). It offers many different advance curves, 5 for optimalisation with regular fuel, 5 for optimalisation with LPG/ethanol and 5 'standard'-curves as prescribed by Citroen for ALL two cylinder engines, inclusive VISA-engines-curves.
cheers
peter
FYI
123/2CV
The 123ignition 2CV for Citroën 2CV4, 2CV6, DYANE, AMI, Mehari is designed for all 2CV's (and derivatives) with a A79/1, M28 or M28/1 engine. It is a microprocessor controlled device, that replaces all the mechanical parts of the conventional system, like points, cam, and centrifugal weights.
123/EVO
The '123/EVO' replaces the former 123/BLUE and is a further development (123/EVOLUTIF). It offers many different advance curves, 5 for optimalisation with regular fuel, 5 for optimalisation with LPG/ethanol and 5 'standard'-curves as prescribed by Citroen for ALL two cylinder engines, inclusive VISA-engines-curves.
cheers
peter
-
CSC1540
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1540
- Country: UK
- Region: NORTH WEST
Re: Electronic ignition
Hi Colin. There are other Electronic ignitions but I am to antique to understand the different softwares. DG do one , the Mehari 2CV CV club do a one called Le Standard , mine is the Le Standard because it was cheaper , It works fine. At one time the 123 had a bad reputation but I havent heard any bad reports lately. I have no doubt others here will have there favorites .
Ray
Ray
-
notsmartcar
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1211
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: Electronic ignition
For what it’s worth I’ve used lumenition for many years (I lightened the bob weights to slow the advance and stop the pinking at low revs) the only reason I now run 123 and dg is it it very easy to carry a one spare one amongst us when we travel and easy to fit a replacement in a hurry. p.s you can always send your unit away to the makers to be checked. I am considering fitting the programmable type Over the winter period but I don’t thing I can justify the cost
-
kawlomax223
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 920
- Country: UK
- Region: South West
- Location: Devon
Re: Electronic ignition
Hi Colin. Sorry to hear about your ignition failure. To be honest, 18 years isn’t bad!
Anyhow, my Lomax 223 had a Boyer Bransden system fitted when I bought it seven years ago. It seemed to run ok but there was still the problem of the points needing periodically resetting (due to cam lobe wear) and due to the location of the low down oil cooler the job was a pain. Anyhow, a couple of years ago a friend gave me a Lumenition module and the Lumenition company supplied me with an optical sensor/chopper kit. It has been running really well ever since. Starts on the button, ticks over beautifully and revs well.Two months ago I bought a ‘spare’ module, which I keep in the car. It wasn’t particularly expensive at around £50 and is so small it takes up no room in the car. Should I experience a failure it ought to be a relatively quick changeover. Was it the module which failed or the optical beam?
Hope that this helps.
Anyhow, my Lomax 223 had a Boyer Bransden system fitted when I bought it seven years ago. It seemed to run ok but there was still the problem of the points needing periodically resetting (due to cam lobe wear) and due to the location of the low down oil cooler the job was a pain. Anyhow, a couple of years ago a friend gave me a Lumenition module and the Lumenition company supplied me with an optical sensor/chopper kit. It has been running really well ever since. Starts on the button, ticks over beautifully and revs well.Two months ago I bought a ‘spare’ module, which I keep in the car. It wasn’t particularly expensive at around £50 and is so small it takes up no room in the car. Should I experience a failure it ought to be a relatively quick changeover. Was it the module which failed or the optical beam?
Hope that this helps.
-
Vyv Cox
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2137
- Country: France
- Region: Deux Sevres, SW
- Contact:
Re: Electronic ignition
I have the 'basic' 123 ignition. Over the past three years we have driven nearly 10,000 miles, no ignition problems at all.