New member introduction
Moderator: moderator
-
Mabels dad
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2214
- Country: UK
- Region: Dorset
- Contact:
New member introduction
Hello to one and all. I am a new and proud owner of a Lomax 224 that once belonged to a member of the club. Needs quite a few bits tweaking here and there but that’s to be expected and known about when I bought the car. I have been looking for replacement seats and having read that Spitfire or MG Sprite seats might work, but wondered what others have used in their cars. Looking at some of your cars, there seems to be a selection that have been used? My car has doors and this seems to reduce the available width, or am I imagining this?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
-
motomallett
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2031j
- Country: UK
- Region: southwest
Re: New member introduction
Hi welcome to the CSC and hope you enjoy your 224. One of the favourite seats are the back seats from a renault scenic as they are well made, the right size and very comfortable. Mostly available from Car Breakers. I have a one off threewheeler powered by a 2cv engine and a 224 powered by a 1000cc moto guzzi engine. Hope to meet up sometime at one of our club gatherings. regards Roger
-
tony-morony
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 5:33 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2119
- Country: UK
- Region: Lincolnshire
Re: New member introduction
I have MG Midget seats in my 223. Some of the webbing has disintegrated and originally I had intented to replace it. However, the seats are still incredibly comfortable and this missing webbing means the sitting position is nice and low. When I bought the car it had seats from a 1971 Fiat 500, again, really comfortable but I felt I was sat on the car rather than in it.
Tony
Tony
-
Mabels dad
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2214
- Country: UK
- Region: Dorset
- Contact:
Re: New member introduction
Many thanks to you both for the info. What year are your MG Midget seats from Tony? Seems that the later models got larger seats, so I'm guessing early model? Am tempted to just get the ones I have recovered, as I know they fit and with the right padding, should be good? When I get the car to a state that I can show it off, I'll post some pictures. I love the car and it's growing on my by the day. Can't wait to drive it and hopefully that won't be long now.
Am sure that the knowledge on here will far out do my own but if I can be of help to anyone then just ask.
All the best
Graham
Am sure that the knowledge on here will far out do my own but if I can be of help to anyone then just ask.
All the best
Graham
Re: New member introduction
My Lomax 223, which also had doors, had MGB seats (i think) They were incredibly comfy and it was probably one of the comfiest cars i have ever owned to sit in for long periods of time. They were a tight fit, but they did fit.
A few pictures attached. The car is now long gone (lives in France now) and these are the only pictures I can readily find with the seats shown.
[attachment=2]doOH0E0W.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]rXuuBgdk.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]hZ3OF3tW_copy_1536x865.jpg[/attachment]
A few pictures attached. The car is now long gone (lives in France now) and these are the only pictures I can readily find with the seats shown.
[attachment=2]doOH0E0W.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]rXuuBgdk.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]hZ3OF3tW_copy_1536x865.jpg[/attachment]
- Attachments
-
- hZ3OF3tW_copy_1536x865.jpg (279.95 KiB) Viewed 15541 times
-
- rXuuBgdk.jpg (54.69 KiB) Viewed 15541 times
-
- doOH0E0W.jpg (54.51 KiB) Viewed 15541 times
-
Vyv Cox
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2137
- Country: France
- Region: Deux Sevres, SW
- Contact:
Re: New member introduction
My piece about fitting Renault Scenic seats is on this forum at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1801&sid=d7a619a4c3 ... beee886e64
-
Mabels dad
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2214
- Country: UK
- Region: Dorset
- Contact:
Re: New member introduction
Many thanks for the info. I tried a pair of MG seats but couldn't get them to fit. The door handle was just where the lever was on the seats, so unless I removed the door handles, I couldn't see how I could squeeze them in. e most sensible thing to do is to recover the seats. Thanks for all of your help.
Graham
Graham
Re: New member introduction
Graham,
My seats were swapped left to right so the handle was central jammed between the two seats. You could still get your hand on the lever, like putting your hand down the side of the sofa.
My seats were swapped left to right so the handle was central jammed between the two seats. You could still get your hand on the lever, like putting your hand down the side of the sofa.