Visa engine
Moderator: moderator
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: Visa engine
Hi Vyv I'm trying to post pictures but this site keeps logging me out
My machine is a Reed Prentice, American ex WWII, I've had it for 30is years.
However I would think that if you were to do the prep. A machine shop could do the machining for a few pounds.
Or if you would like to bring them over to me I could do it for you.
My machine is a Reed Prentice, American ex WWII, I've had it for 30is years.
However I would think that if you were to do the prep. A machine shop could do the machining for a few pounds.
Or if you would like to bring them over to me I could do it for you.
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: Visa engine
Post worked this time (maybe BTs fault)!!
-
Vyv Cox
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
- CSC Membership Number: 2137
- Country: France
- Region: Deux Sevres, SW
- Contact:
Re: Visa engine
Thanks Howard,
very useful information and a most welcome offer. I am now living in France (as is son Owen) but he travels back to UK regularly. Perhaps we can ask you to machine the casings for us when I have made the push rod tube adaptors?
Cheers, Vyv
very useful information and a most welcome offer. I am now living in France (as is son Owen) but he travels back to UK regularly. Perhaps we can ask you to machine the casings for us when I have made the push rod tube adaptors?
Cheers, Vyv
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: Visa engine
OK just let me know,
-
QFAD
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:29 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1887J
- Country: UK
- Region: South West - Wilts
- Location: Tisbury
- Contact:
Re: Visa engine
Hi Howard,
Very impressed with your workshop and your ability to operate such kit - must make so many little jobs possible
Using the Visa barrels on a 2CV virtual equates to the VGS 652cc Nikasil coated aluminium barrels I had previously - unfortunately they are no longer available due to production costs.
Filip always preferred to use the Visa barrels on a 2CV crankcases as the 2CV engines were manufactured using a very good quality aluminium.
Fired QFAD up yesterday - he has new PHF carbs as the old Guzzi was running on the original 1970s VHBs with well over 100k of use. I had stripped, cleaned the carbs & dressed the slides (scored and had worn through the anti friction grey coating used at that time.
The fun starts now tuning the new carbs to suit the engine...
Very impressed with your workshop and your ability to operate such kit - must make so many little jobs possible
Using the Visa barrels on a 2CV virtual equates to the VGS 652cc Nikasil coated aluminium barrels I had previously - unfortunately they are no longer available due to production costs.
Filip always preferred to use the Visa barrels on a 2CV crankcases as the 2CV engines were manufactured using a very good quality aluminium.
Fired QFAD up yesterday - he has new PHF carbs as the old Guzzi was running on the original 1970s VHBs with well over 100k of use. I had stripped, cleaned the carbs & dressed the slides (scored and had worn through the anti friction grey coating used at that time.
The fun starts now tuning the new carbs to suit the engine...
-
howardjs
- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1785
- Country: UK
- Region: NW
Re: Visa engine
Hi Steve, Thanks, but you know what, it's so easy to get stuff done by outside shops at the moment, it make you wonder...
I have just received some parts back from the laser cutters, a set of parts for a pair of spring mounts in 4mm steel and a pair inner bonnet side panels in 3mm aly, all for just over £100. How long would it take to cut these by hand...!!
Regarding carb tuning. I have some questions related to this on my 652 hybrid, but I think I will start a new thread for this topic.
keep tuning... Howard
I have just received some parts back from the laser cutters, a set of parts for a pair of spring mounts in 4mm steel and a pair inner bonnet side panels in 3mm aly, all for just over £100. How long would it take to cut these by hand...!!
Regarding carb tuning. I have some questions related to this on my 652 hybrid, but I think I will start a new thread for this topic.
keep tuning... Howard
-
QFAD
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:29 am
- CSC Membership Number: 1887J
- Country: UK
- Region: South West - Wilts
- Location: Tisbury
- Contact:
Re: Visa engine
Yes laser cutting is an amazing service and more affordable than many realise.
I look forward to seeing your car's body work when you have finished...
-
Boggy
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm
- Country: France
- Region: Deux sevres
- Location: Deux Sevres France
Re: Visa engine
Hi Howard
Quick question , which pushrods and followers did you use 2cv or Visa ?
Quick question , which pushrods and followers did you use 2cv or Visa ?
-
Boggy
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm
- Country: France
- Region: Deux sevres
- Location: Deux Sevres France
Re: Visa engine
Hi Vyv
If you want to go the Visa engine and keep the original Citroen ignition ,then look for a LNA box . The LNA box has the mountings for the inboard disc brakes , the visa box does not so is useless. I'm just in the process of fitting the 123 adapter to take the 123 ignition with vac advance which mates up nicely with the Visa carb on a Dyane I'm rebuilding . All the info on the 123 website . May see you when Owen delivers the Lomax
If you want to go the Visa engine and keep the original Citroen ignition ,then look for a LNA box . The LNA box has the mountings for the inboard disc brakes , the visa box does not so is useless. I'm just in the process of fitting the 123 adapter to take the 123 ignition with vac advance which mates up nicely with the Visa carb on a Dyane I'm rebuilding . All the info on the 123 website . May see you when Owen delivers the Lomax