indicator warning light

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

mtvexl23
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Region: CARMARTHENSHIRE

indicator warning light

Post by mtvexl23 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi Can anyone help me create a simple dashboard indicator warning light? Preferably one light. Keep on forgetting to turn it off. Got some mild abuse the other day so I've got to sort it. Also does anybody know a nifty way to change the colour of a dashboard light without having to buy the unit? Oh by the way my set up doesn't have relays.
Thanks for looking
Michael

namster
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:28 pm
Country: UK
Region: devon

Re: indicator warning light

Post by namster » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:06 pm

I'd be tempted by a buzzer behind the dash as fitted to motorcycles. You can get some that are built into an indicator relay.

Lights are easy to miss if you're concentrating on the road, rather than the dashboard!

mtvexl23
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Region: CARMARTHENSHIRE

Re: indicator warning light

Post by mtvexl23 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:35 pm

Kind of like a light, but thanks
M

notsmartcar
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1211
Country: UK
Region: southwest

Re: indicator warning light

Post by notsmartcar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:38 pm

If it’s a round flasher unit off a 2cv take a wire from the spare terminal (central terminal) up to a warning light then a wire from the warning light to an earth ..

mtvexl23
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Region: CARMARTHENSHIRE

Re: indicator warning light

Post by mtvexl23 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 pm

where is the central terminal?

notsmartcar
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1211
Country: UK
Region: southwest

Re: indicator warning light

Post by notsmartcar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:43 pm

Have you found the flasher unit. Is it round. Does it have three lugs on it is there three wires or two on it. If three one of them is off to a warning light usually the more central one.

mtvexl23
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Region: CARMARTHENSHIRE

Re: indicator warning light

Post by mtvexl23 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:12 pm

OMG!!!!! I am totally amazed. Why, why, why didn't they fit this as standard. Frankly I can't believe it. I've had my 2CV for 25 years without an indicator warning light. I must have annoyed a couple of hundred(+) drivers. I am one of the 2CV drivers that give 2CV's a bad name. Thankyou so much for this simple trick. This has made my week, no wait, my year. Fantastic.
with thanks
Michael

neil curson
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1331j
Country: UK
Region: north west

Re: indicator warning light

Post by neil curson » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:00 pm

I to have driven miles with indicators flashing, now have a very loud buzzer fitted, in parallel with the light if fitted.

mtvexl23
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Region: CARMARTHENSHIRE

Re: indicator warning light

Post by mtvexl23 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:07 pm

I'm finding the light good. Although at night I am also flashing yellow. So double bubble
M

CSC1540
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am
CSC Membership Number: 1540
Country: UK
Region: NORTH WEST

Re: indicator warning light

Post by CSC1540 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:27 am

I have a buzzer and also an indicator light , I just bought a buzzer. One earth connection and one connection to the indicator light .

Ray

Post Reply