Anti roll bar
Moderator: moderator
Anti roll bar
Having bought my 223 Lomax I’m surprised to see that it has an anti roll bar fitted to the front wheels ..? Welded on brackets to the arms..does anyone else have this mod.any comments or observations welcome as this is all rather new to me.
-
cmwbob
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 1589J
- Country: UK
- Region: SouthEast
Re: Anti roll bar
The addition of the front anti roll bar upgrade is a std Lomax offering based on the system employed by Citroen on the Ami.
It assists to limit body roll when running on 3 wheels, especially in chicane moves and if/when the dummy rear wheel arm / spring rod is not suitably pre-tensioned or better still kept active (via a rear AR bar).
Not many 2CV ran on 3 wheels so presume that will be why you not seen it before.
It assists to limit body roll when running on 3 wheels, especially in chicane moves and if/when the dummy rear wheel arm / spring rod is not suitably pre-tensioned or better still kept active (via a rear AR bar).
Not many 2CV ran on 3 wheels so presume that will be why you not seen it before.
-
Davidm
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:10 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 2205
- Country: United Kingdom
- Region: Cumbria
Re: Anti roll bar
I fitted an ami ARB to my 3-wheeler Pembleton when I built it and I use standard 2cv front and rear springs. I am happy with the resultant handling - with firm but not harsh springing and hardly any body roll.
The Pembleton Build Manual however does not suggest fitting an ARB but recommends having stiffer springs than the standard 2cv to limit body roll. I discussed ARB advantages/disadvantages with Phil Gregory the Pembleton designer who prefers the stiffer springs option to save weight and to give less understeer.
Davidm
The Ami ARB is easy to fit or remove. It connects the 2 suspension arms together but is not connected to the chassis.
The Pembleton Build Manual however does not suggest fitting an ARB but recommends having stiffer springs than the standard 2cv to limit body roll. I discussed ARB advantages/disadvantages with Phil Gregory the Pembleton designer who prefers the stiffer springs option to save weight and to give less understeer.
Davidm
The Ami ARB is easy to fit or remove. It connects the 2 suspension arms together but is not connected to the chassis.
-
Rob Bryant
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:03 pm
- CSC Membership Number: 216
- Country: UK
- Region: Midlands
Re: Anti roll bar
I have the standard Lomax type Anti roll bar fitted to my lomax 223.
Was not originally fitted, and was left wrapped up for years.
Having run the car without, and for last 6 years with, I can say the difference is noticable. With it fitted, roundabouts can be tackled at speed without pulling elbows in.
Rob
Was not originally fitted, and was left wrapped up for years.
Having run the car without, and for last 6 years with, I can say the difference is noticable. With it fitted, roundabouts can be tackled at speed without pulling elbows in.
Rob