2CV Chassis numbers

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

Post Reply
Mike
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:53 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1663
Country: UK
Region: South west

2CV Chassis numbers

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:54 pm

I have been around Citroens for several years and up until now the illusive 2CV chassis number has been but a myth. :roll:
Several people have tried to explain where it is but so far no actual photos until now.

Image

This the first time I have found a "genuine" chassis number and now know where to look in the future . :)

Ken Hanna
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 pm
CSC Membership Number: 724
Country: UK
Region: North Yorkshire

Re: 2CV Chassis numbers

Post by Ken Hanna » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Mike,
you haven't yet found one of those elusive 2CV chassis numbers, since that's a Dyane chassis, as denoted by 'AYCB' in the string of characters.
Here's an Acadiane chassis number, ---AYCD---, just for fun... ;)
Mike wrote:I have been around Citroens for several years and up until now the illusive 2CV chassis number has been but a myth. :roll:
Several people have tried to explain where it is but so far no actual photos until now.
This the first time I have found a "genuine" chassis number and now know where to look in the future . :)
ImageAcadiane chassis number #1 by slcchassis, on Flickr

Mike
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:53 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1663
Country: UK
Region: South west

Re: 2CV Chassis numbers

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Well at least I now know where to look for a number :lol:

Sam2CV
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:23 pm
Country: UK
Region: London

Re: 2CV Chassis numbers

Post by Sam2CV » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:21 am

Hi, I am also trying to locate the chassis number for my 2CV. The photo is great but can you explain where abouts the number is and the easiest way to access it? My car is fully assembled so I am hoping I can still find it without taking it to bits! 😁 Many thanks Sam

andyraf
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2025 4:51 am
Country: United States
Region: WA

Re: 2CV Chassis numbers

Post by andyraf » Wed Nov 05, 2025 3:52 am

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is looking: The chassis number (what I think is the VIN) is on the right side of the car (as seen when sitting in the seat), on the top of the frame rail just in front of the half-shaft. I'm told mine is from a genuine Citroen replacement frame since:
a. It's in too-good shape for a car manufactured in 1987; basically, no rust (but a heavy coating of rust prevention).
b. Some details of the frame (e.g. the venting underside) seem indicative of a later frame manufactured outside of France.
c. It has a VIN stamp that matches that of the body, but if you look very closely there's some variance in the letter spacing and stamping, suggesting that it was done manually with a punch set and hammer rather than on an automated assembly as when the car was first manufactured.

Image

Post Reply