Brake master cylinder

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

Post Reply
Marcf
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 10:32 pm
Country: UK
Region: Sussex

Brake master cylinder

Post by Marcf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Evening,

I've just taken on a part built 223 and after some advice on fitting the master cylinder.
Can anyone help with a diagram or explanation of how the pedal box and master cyclinder should be fitted please??

Many thanks

Marc

tibetans
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:41 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1210
Country: UK
Region: North West

Re: Brake master cylinder

Post by tibetans » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:29 am

Hi

Not sure if you have a copy of the build manual for Lomax - see link below.

http://www.sportsandleisurecars.co.uk/l ... al_pdf.pdf


Richard

bassmaster
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2025 11:01 am
CSC Membership Number: 2313
Country: UK
Region: South East

Re: Brake master cylinder

Post by bassmaster » Wed Dec 10, 2025 12:19 pm

This exactly my situation.
Just taken on a part built Lomax 223.
I have the build manual, which is not the most helpful instruction manual I have ever seen
I am not sure exactly where to position the pedal box, but also I don't have the adapter brackets that are mentioned in the manual
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks

cmwbob
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm
CSC Membership Number: 1589J
Country: UK
Region: SouthEast

Re: Brake master cylinder

Post by cmwbob » Wed Dec 10, 2025 2:25 pm

Drg of Pedal box brkt

Regards Rob
Attachments
pedal box 2cv.pdf
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 5421 times

bassmaster
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2025 11:01 am
CSC Membership Number: 2313
Country: UK
Region: South East

Re: Brake master cylinder

Post by bassmaster » Thu Dec 11, 2025 5:22 pm

Thank you very much Rob. That's very kind of you.I'll get one made up asap.
Just two questions please
1) what is the 16mm o/d tube for?
2) Does this bracket allow enough room in the engine compartment, to enable the original fluid reservoir to still be used?

Many thanks
Doug

Post Reply