Seat Belt Mounting

Discuss all things technical

Moderator: moderator

Post Reply
Boggy
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm
Country: France
Region: Deux sevres
Location: Deux Sevres France

Seat Belt Mounting

Post by Boggy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:22 am

Looking for help with the dimensions of the seat belt mounting bracket, the one that goes from rear floor to top of body tub . Just become custodian of a 223 and it only has lap seatbelts . Front bracket for 3 point belts are there (loose) but the rear brace is missing both sides. Any help would be much appreciated
Boggy

AlanM
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:54 am
Country: UK
Region: Peterborough

Re: Seat Belt Mounting

Post by AlanM » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Hello Boggy

The rods are approximately 25 inches long and go to a bracket positioned a couple of inches behind the rear axle beam. The rods are simple tubes flattened and drilled at the ends. The tube is the same size as the tube that comes up from the floor bracket to the top seat belt mounting point. Please note that they are handed.

I'll try to attach some photos but the file size might be to big. If you don't see any photos below then PM me with your normal email and I'll sent them to you. Don't expect them till Sunday/Monday as we are off to the National Kit Car show in the next hour or so.

Alan

Vyv Cox
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
CSC Membership Number: 2137
Country: France
Region: Deux Sevres, SW
Contact:

Re: Seat Belt Mounting

Post by Vyv Cox » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm

There are mixed opinions about three-point seat belts. At a meeting earlier in the year I noticed that many open specials had lap belts. Several owners I spoke to were insistent that in the event of a bad crash, particularly if the car rolled, a lap belt was considerably safer. One person I spoke to had even done it - rolled the car and survived with a lap belt.

I have been considering changing my three-point belts to laps, so If you would like to dispose of yours I will willingly accept them!

Boggy
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm
Country: France
Region: Deux sevres
Location: Deux Sevres France

Re: Seat Belt Mounting

Post by Boggy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:46 pm

Hi Vyv
Not decided yet as considering the option of hinged rear so 3 point wouldn't allow this. Did you see the windscreen frame on my Lomax ? Now that is cool.

Vyv Cox
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
CSC Membership Number: 2137
Country: France
Region: Deux Sevres, SW
Contact:

Re: Seat Belt Mounting

Post by Vyv Cox » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi Boggy,

No sorry, I stopped briefly at Owen's house and noticed that your Lomax had doors but missed the screen.

Post Reply